According to Malachi 2:15, He has made husband and wife one that He might seek a godly seed.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Worry to Peace

God is always at work.  I learned that in "Experiencing God".  I can testify to it's truth.  He is surely always working on me.

Most recently I have been consumed with thoughts about witnessing to the lost and planning for our future.  The evidence of the season in which we live is clear:  we are in the End Times.  There is less time than ever before for sinners to repent and be saved.  We cannot expect our government to become more friendly to biblical values or the culture at large to more closely resemble God's will.  We are to be the light in the darkness.

Some of the talk about the power grid failing or the connection between the suppliers and consumers for our basic needs being severed is concerning.  I do not know how to wisely prepare for either.  At the end of this year will all the coastlines fall into the oceans while the North and South Poles switch places?  It doesn't matter how many questions are posed, the only comforting answer is that God knows and He communicates with His people.  I do not know the future.  But I am responsible for atleast nine people other than myself whom I love deeply.  My greatest fear is that I will miss instructions on how to care for my family in difficult times.

Recently those fears have crept into the arena of planning parenthood.  Are we willing to bring another child into this uncertain world?  Should it be now and not then?  Here rather than there?  My thoughts and feelings run through the entire range of options. 

Enter:  Esther.  I was given Beth Moore's teaching on this book of the Bible recently.  It's subtitled:  It's Tough being a Woman.  I suppose few of us know this as well as Esther.  The story about the person gave me the set of CDs is quite a God thing in itself.  God is always at work.

This morning's lesson was about fear.  I have walked through many fears in my adult life.  Most of them pertain to health in baby making process.  God has been so faithfiul to bless us over and over.  He has been so very close during some extremely scary seasons of our children's lives.  I know He is ever present.  But this recent fear over the coming end of the world really has been creeping into many areas that once were so easily placed in God's hands. 

Beth reminded me that we cannot walk in the destiny that God has for us "for such a time as this" if we are consumed with fear.  I didn't faithfully finish this post, but as I try to wrap it up now for publishing, I realize that I have been living in God's peace for the last several weeks.  I suppose it was Beth Moore's encouragment that shoved my heart in the proper direction.  We've finished the CD set and the Book of Esther and I am a better woman for it.  Praise God for His effective words!

No comments: